Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for enforcing and ensuring the compliance of the Road Traffic Act and regulations.
2. Monitor and investigate the received complaints from public.
3. Conduct roadblocks and patrols, join operation with police.
4. Issuance of compound for an offense according to Road Traffic act and regulations of Brunei Darussalam.
5. Carry out control over the movement of commercial vehicles from neighboring states of Sabah and Sarawak in and out at all control posts after being given letters (permits) approval from the Motor Transport Licensing Authority (MTLA).
6. Conduct a special operation by Enforcement officers before and after working hours (Friday, Sunday and Public Holidays).
7. Prepare a report on vehicle and driver who violated road traffic rules and regulation for the court through the Royal Brunei Police Force for the purpose of prosecution.
8. Disseminate information, guidelines and awareness to the public and especially road users about road safety and road traffic regulations.
9. Receive instructions from time to time from the Director and Deputy Director of the Land Transport Department in matters related to enforcement.
Copyright © 2014 Land Transport Department. All Rights Reserved. Best viewed by
IE 9+ or Mozilla Firefox 12.0+